Join Our Team
At Headway, every one of our staff members comes to work to transform lives and strengthen our local communities by helping as many people as we can. We are looking for accountable and decisive team members who want to make a dynamic and lasting impact in their communities. We're a passionate and responsive social enterprise making a difference in the lives of over 20,000 families and individuals throughout the Twin Cities metro area each year. We pride ourselves on bringing innovative, dimensional solutions to mental health challenges while continually learning new and better ways to provide care.
If this sounds like you, check out our job openings and see how you can help us empower people of all ages to live emotionally healthy lives. There are always great opportunities to help us, whether as a volunteer, a donor, an intern, or an employee.
To see current opportunities or to apply for any position, please go here.
Internal applicants already employed by Headway, please go here.
For internships and practicums, please go here.
Headway is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
Headway's Working Culture
We believe every person’s life in our community has significance. Our work aims to improve the emotional well-being of our clients with an engaged and empowered team who together are providing the best service to that community and constantly improving itself.
This focus on emotional health extends to our employees. Our culture embraces the journey of achieving emotional health and requires a willingness to grow in understanding and self-awareness in serving the community.
Our Hiring Process
Our 2-step application allows applicants to get started quickly. Every new candidate interested in our organization is then invited to have a conversation with our team about their job search. Some of the topics that will be explored include:
• Timelines for when someone is ready and able to start working with us
• A discussion of the hiring process and the expected steps
• An exploration of what interests in professional development for candidates
• An understanding of what key factors the candidate is seeking in deciding to work there
Benefits at Headway are grounded in the concept of strong emotional health. Employees are empowered to choose the options that fit their individual needs. The options were designed to give individuals choice over how they use the services as well as to foster work/life balance. Our benefits include:
• Employee and family health insurance plans through Medica
• Health Savings Account (HSA) where Headway contributes $2,100 per year
• Employee Assistance Program
• Work/Life Balance with generous paid time off
o 16 days of PTO first year, increasing to 21 days in year two
o 10 paid holidays
• Term and Whole Life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability plans
• Accident and Critical Illness insurance plans
• Retirement savings plan with employer matching
• Healthy lifestyle incentives
• Healthcare and Childcare Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
• Regular continuing education and training opportunities
• Professional development scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for community events and services
• Opportunities for savings on seasonal services with national vendors
The health insurance plans offered at Headway provide a framework to maintain a good level of health by fully covering preventative services and regular examinations. Healthy lifestyle incentives also make up a part of the coverage, and include savings opportunities for gym memberships, savings on healthy foods in grocery stores, special programs that offer insight into fertility and family planning, and a program to reduce the risk of a chronic disease such as heart attack, stroke, or diabetes.
Money placed into the Health Savings Account (HSA) has a triple-tax advantage of being tax free when deposited, can build up interest without taxation, and can pay medical expenses without being taxed. The account follows the employee year over year without penalty, and even after employment ends! An additional incentive included with the medical coverage is the Healthy Rewards program that provides additional HSA deposits for meeting monthly health goals in activity, nutrition, and sleep. Those rewards can equal up to $900 per year for the individual health savings account!