What is Headway's Hiring Process?
Our 2-step application allows applicants to get started quickly. Every new candidate interested in our organization is then invited to have a conversation with our team about their job search. Some of the topics that will be explored include:
• Timelines for when someone is ready and able to start working with us
• A discussion of the hiring process and the expected steps
• An exploration of what interests in professional development for candidates
• An understanding of what key factors the candidate is seeking in deciding to work there
Our Commitment to Every Applicant
• Community commitment – We are committed to providing a human touch to the process. You will have the opportunity to talk with our HR team to ask questions about working with us, and can connect anytime for an update on your status. We are looking to connect with mental health professionals to understand where they wish to develop, and how they look at serving the community.
• Applicant safety commitment - Some positions may require an in-person visit because of the nature of the work, but most interviews can be held virtually. Our process generally takes 2 to 4 weeks, although some positions may take longer. It is important to take the time to get the right person into the job. All candidates will be updated on their status regularly. We know the experience of discouragement due to a lack of contact after the initial phases of a job search. We make a firm commitment that no person who applies will be “ghosted” in the process. We will provide you with updates throughout the process with various messaging options that work for you.
• Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – we are committed to finding qualified mental health professionals that represent the diversity of our communities. We are committed to finding candidates with a broad set of perspectives, and to provide a framework for sustaining the diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce. As a community provider, we work hard to find a variety of practitioners and points of view. Some of the most important training our practitioners receive early in their onboarding is a focus on awareness of fragilization of marginalized groups and how to avoid seeing others through a lens of weakness. We are committed to empowering our community to be emotionally healthy with a team that reflects that community appropriately.
We update the listings on our website regularly and are actively seeking candidates for those positions. Applicants will receive an email within 24 hours inviting them to have a preliminary conversation. We are interested in hiring the right person who can thrive and grow in our environment and are eager to find new practitioners to serve the community. All candidates will be asked during the process to provide their work history, provide 3 professional references, and be able to pass a background check.
If you don’t see a specific position posted that you would be interested in but are still drawn to the mission of empowering people to be emotionally healthy, we want to connect with you.
To learn more about careers at Headway, just email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org!